Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Comic Tuesday

Diesel Sweeties is a weird little comic. The art style is very 8-bit, purposefully low resolution and pixelated, yet the content is so rich and varied. At it's heart, Diesel Sweeties is a satire of modern culture, and not so much a love story.

My favorite strip is this one:

Diesel Sweeties is one of my all-time favorites, and I've been waiting to post it for a while. I wanted to be sure that the content wouldn't be too controversial for this forum -- but since nobody complained about Sinfest, I guess Diesel Sweeties will be all right. Also, this version of Diesel Sweeties is now available for newspaper syndication, which must mean it's OK for all audiences.

Diesel on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island