Monday, January 7, 2008

Must be a Female View for Atonement's fans

What can I say? I loved this movie. I felt the cinematography was beautiful and the subject matter interesting. I loved the characters and especially enjoyed Keira Knightley's performance. It has been a real pleasure to watch her develop as an actress! I am not sure her performance is worthy of an oscar but it was as good of a performance as any women's roles I have seen this year. I did love this movie.

My only complaint about the movie was in it's somewhat dissonant and jarring story telling which it achieves by flashing forwards and backwards in time and it uses the sound of a typewriter key dropping to signal a change in tempo, time or story. It can be quite jarring and abrupt! All this simply added to the interest in the movie for me.

Double shot.

Atonement on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island