Friday, June 27, 2008

Coarse Woodworking

What can I say? The title says it all, or does it? My husband likes to tinker in the shop. We don’t have too many fancy tools. We have drills, electric saws, and so on, but none of the cool stuff, like planers, lathes, belt sanders, and biscuit cutters. Consequently, any woodworking that gets done is of the coarse variety, as opposed to the fine variety. The output of our garage shop is suitable for shelving in the garage, not an entertainment center.

my new tableWhat got me started here? I’ll tell you, it’s a new table! I am now the proud owner of a 4 foot by almost 8 foot table, custom made to be a comfortable height for this tall lady. It started life as a shipping pallet, a rather nice one, too. The top is 2 inch by 8 inch by almost 8 ft, set on top of 4”x4” lumber. My husband added some nice 4x4’s as legs, a shelf for storage, and there you have it! A new table, a little primer, a little paint and we’re in business!

Woodworking on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island