Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Empty Toothpaste Tube Conundrum

Has this ever happened to you? You run out of toothpaste, so you squeeze the last bit out of the empty tube. There seems to always be just enough toothpaste for one more brushing.

I've been using an "empty" toothpaste tube to brush my teeth for a week. I'm trying to truly empty it, but I just can't seem to manage. This makes me wonder if there is a better way to package toothpaste. If every "empty" tube actually has enough toothpaste for another week or more, then it seems awfully wasteful to throw the empties away.

Upon review, this may be the most mundane and pointless blog entry ever.

Text about Whidbey Island goes here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! I have one of those myself that I've been usning for over a week! It's like trying to get that last bit of hand lotion or shampoo out of the bottle... balancing it on it's pointy end is always a little tricky!

In the old days the tube was made out of something like lead foil and you just rolled it up.. nowadays, they seem to think that's bad for us and use plastic!

So can you imagine all the things we grew up doing that now you wouldn't dream of allowing your children to do???

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island