Saturday, July 28, 2007

Kit's Headboard

So when I do a commissioned piece I try and do a mock up of what it is that the person who want the piece has described. It is a tricky thing to do at times. Since people have differing perspectives on color and visuals.

So here is some of what i do for commissioned pieces. For Kit I have done a color swatch (actually several of them) to show what the primary check design would look like using primary colors from the picture that will be the central attraction.

Then I do a rough draft of what the piece will look like using a picture to depict the design I am thinking of.

Then in this case I painted the picture that represents the picture I will paint in the oval section of the headboard. Kit wanted a picture of the Oregon coast. I actually used several photos and transposed them to get the effect she wanted.

When I am done with the entire project I will photograph it and put it on here to show you my finished project.

Painting on Whidbey Island.

1 comment:

Lilylou said...

Wowee! I can't wait to see it in person! Home soon! I'm at Cannon Beach.

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island