Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Is it Summer Yet?

Gee,s I thought it was supposed to get warm come June! The last few days I have been very comfortable in sweat shirts. Every time someone comes in to the shop we just laugh and ask them how they like our fall? We explain that we had summer for a few days a couple of weeks ago. Then we laugh. We hope that they dont take us to seriously.

Well it looks like I will be booked through August soon for entertainment! I love it. My good friend Ed Newkirk has been working with "Swords to Plowshares" and he pursuaded them to come to entertain at Rockhoppers. So they are scheduled for July 7. You will hear more about them as time goes by. I am jazzed! Anyway, it has been kinda quiet today with not a lot of customers. So I have been working on art while Dan works on his resume. There is only one computer and well I do have other things that I can work on. Tomorrow I work on marketting! ICK!!

So here are few ideas for next month.. What do you think? I am planning on serving two breakfasts. One breakfast on the second Saturday of the month and the other on the fourth saturday of the month. Both will have a lot of notice in the paper on this blog and through e-mails and flyers. I will only have a certain amount so come early if you want some or I may take reservations. Then the last Thursday of the month I want to do a special dinner. I do not have the plans for this in place yet since I will need a kitchen to do all the prep work and cooking in but this will be a for reservation only dinner for no more than 20 people. I am hoping to do live entertainment that night and my hope is that this would be a dinner theater. We will see how plans progress for this event.

Add to that the idea that next months art will be a Doll Show instead of the current art showing at Rockhoppers and it should be a fun month. We will see how it goes.

I guess I just dont have a lot to say tonight. I will hopefully have more entertaining and informative stuff to blog about tomorrow but for now it is almost 10:00PM and I have just about spent what energy I have. Take care and we will talk with you soon.

There are so many wonderful walks on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island