Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Wednesday is a fine day for a breakdown!

For those of you who missed Justin Ruben from MoveOn.org, you missed a lively and interesting discussion. There were about 35 people in attendance for this event and everyone came with questions and enthusiasm. there were a large number of people who wanted to form a district group called "Democracy Now". If you are interested in signing up for this group let me know and I will add you to the list. Basically, this group would meet to discuss a variety of local issues and with the help of MoveOn.org would work to hold the local and state governments responsible for their actions. To get more info about this please go to MoveOn.org for more information. So we will be posting more as time goes on about this group and any events we plan.

It has been a wonderful week this week. It has been busy. We got our signs up and although it is intended to make me more visible I am not convinced it has done that. My regulars never even noticed it was up! However, I have had a few people tell me they saw it as they were heading up the hill so maybe there is hope. incidentally, Tom (who I thanked in the title of a previous post) is a marketing person who suggested painting the cups instead of using words to market the shop.

We start our acting troupe lessons tonight here at Rockhoppers and I have to tell you, I am kind of looking forward to it. It is going to be a small group so far but the lessons look like they will be fun and well I think this could be a really fun time for everyone involved. I hope you will think about joining us. The goal is to put together a group that enjoys acting together and then we will start doing some classic plays by Shakespeare, Balsac etc. that will have improv added to them to change the plays and update them. Then when we are ready do a dinner theater at the Clinton Community Hall.

I guess I should go now. I am painting the new chairs that I just brought into the shop and I have some bills to pay too. So I had better get going and i will talk with you again soon

So we keep working on Whidbey Island

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island