Thursday, May 31, 2007

My take on the movies

Ok so Dan and I finally took a day off. We had Michael come and work in the shop on Tuesday so we could go see some of the current BIG movies. We settled on Pirates of the Carribean and on Spiderman 3. I will start out saying that I enjoyed both movies. I enjoyed Pirates more than Spiderman but my review kind of covers both of them. I found myself sitting through all the wonderful special effects in the movies and thinking... "You know what I want? I want a good Cary Grant comedy!" I want a good story that isn't loaded with angst, or special effects and that tells a good story. I want to like the characters in the movie and I want to be able to relate to them. Why is this so difficult to do? I want a fun comedy that isnt afraid to laugh at itself. I want a good comedy with a good story. I want fun slapstick like Lucy used to give us... I guess I am just from a different era but I am not that old!!!

So for Pirates I give one shot. and for Spiderman I give a shot in the dark. Neither movie stole me away but both were somewhat fun for what there is out there. I just hate that there is so little out there.

Pirates of the Carribean: at Worlds End.

Spiderman 3

visit Whidbey Island this summer

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island