Wednesday, April 4, 2007

"Wild Hogs", reviewed by a real wild hog

My first Harley was a 1979 XLS Sportster like this one. My second was a 1978½ FLH Electra-Glide, like this one.

I loved those bikes. It broke my heart to sell them. I still pine for the open road, and it's been over 15 years. Rene doesn't want me to get another Harley, she thinks I'm too old and decrepit, or something.

If she keeps that attitude, at some point, I'm going to have to make a decision -- her, or a Harley. I'm open to advice.

I liked Wild Hogs. The stupid parts were more than offset by the funny parts, and the wildly exaggerated stereotypes had a large dose of truth to them.

I'll give it a single shot, and further recommend that you have surround sound and a sub-woofer if you're going to wait for the rental.

There's something about that Harley sound. . .

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island