Monday, April 23, 2007

A Movie Review

So Dan and I spent most of the day yesterday working on the shop. I am working on a new sign and Dan did video editing and spent most of the day working on putting up new solar lights on the sign to light it up at night! It was a tiring day especially for Dan who spent most of it up on a ladder. We decided to take the evening and go see "Breach" since it was showing at the Clyde.

If you haven't been to the Clyde, I highly recommend it. It isn't a new cineplex with stadium seating.. it is old and the movies are not generally really new..but they are current and well the theater is just down home old time comfort. It's what I was raised with.

So anyway, "Breach"...The synopsis for the movie is,Eric O'Neill (Ryan Phillippe) is promoted to a job inside FBI headquarters working for respected agent Robert Hanssen (Chris Cooper). Then O'Neill learns his true mission: finding proof that Hanssen has been selling American secrets to the Soviet Union for years. The movie is based on the true story of how Hanssen was captured.

The first thing that hit me when I was finished with this movie was that there was so little violence and yet I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! It was a very interesting and thought provoking movie. I enjoyed the characters very much. I love Ryan Phillippe as an actor and think that he has real potential. Chris Cooper is also one of my favorite actors and is overlooked a lot. Both men did a wonderful job in this character study and I enjoyed the movie a great deal. I highly recommend it with a rating of a single shot. But the shot is really really a goood shot!

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island