Friday, March 23, 2007

I Need a VACATION!!

Well, It is already Friday. What a week! But it is good to be home and see everyone if my house were only a little cleaner! Where is my maid service? and why wasnt my bed pulled down for me last night? Hell, why wasnt it made? Life is difficult... :) I have a really exciting event coming up at Rockhoppers on April 7. We are having a Simultaneous chess tournament. Here is the info and the picture that have been in the paper. If you like chess and want to come watch please join us, If you love chess and are pretty good at playing come play a master. SATURDAY APRIL 7, ROCKHOPPERS FIRST "CHESS SIMUL" Are you a Chess player? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to play a "master" Chess player? Have you ever thought, you know I bet I could beat a master if I ever were to get an opportunity? Well here is that chance. You are invited to come participate or be a spectator in Rockhoppers first ever "Chess Simul". A Chess ‘Simul’ is a tradition dating back thousands of years in which one player plays against several players simultaneously.Come see a Chess Master take on all comers – At the same Time! Bill McGeary has maintained a USCF master rating for over 20 years. He has been playing in tournaments since 1972, was the Washington State Co-Champ in 1982 and the Alaska State Champ in 1995. The event will kick off at 1pm with a short program and play will begin at about 1:45. Players of all strength are welcome to try their hand.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island