Saturday, March 10, 2007

Friday's Open Mic

Note that this post is by Dan. Rene is so busy that I do most of the videography, and posting of videos, so I have my own account to do that. I have also been hosting our Friday open mic's, because of Rene having to manage the bingo games at the Clinton Community Hall for the Progressive Club. We didn't have too many people for open mic this Friday, but boy, did we have some amazing music. Alyssa Ingersoll played and sang -- she has a fantastic voice! Her mother, Rena Edelen, an old hand at the coffeehouse scene, also entertained us. The two of them teamed up on a wide selection of folk classics. It was a lovely evening. I joined Alyssa and Rena for one of my favorite songs: "Long Black Veil" Here's the video.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island