Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

I am furious with our government! I feel betrayed by those I voted for and unheard by the rest. I am a middle class citizen who may never have the opportunity to retire and if I do I may find myself eating cat food just to survive and I can forget about healthcare! never mind that I paid into to the healthcare system or to social security since I was 17, the truth is I will never see it! But those I helped put in office.. No worries there!

I remember when I was growing up, there were articles written about the health of our elderly and how many couples did eat cat food to survive. They could not afford medications or medical care and the country got horribly upset and reforms were made and things for a while, looked better.

I remember when our children were so important and education was the best thing we could do for them. Now we cant afford it and our teachers and our education system is being so degraded that third world countries offer better education to thier children.

I remember when peace was something we aspired to! Still we dont seem to get this ideal do we? And we even continue to pay for wars that have no end and were based on a lie!

It is time for us to use our strength and determine the direction our country takes. We can begin with the basics and this is one basic that I feel is right on the mark!!

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1 No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as most Americans do

4. Congress will no longer vote for themselves, a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the rest of the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people, it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!

Support this drive to Reform Congress The more I watch these 535 folks ruin America the more I am disgusted by their theatrics, partisan actions and elitist bearing. We must also be vigilant about Court Appointees as more and more laws are being legislated from the bench.

Editors Note (added August, 2011): I checked the information in this post against Snopes, and much of it is incorrect or misleading - not that there aren't issues with Congress that need fixed, but some of the numbered facts stated above are not correct. See Snopes Here and FactCheck Here to learn more. Thanks!

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island