Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm Slipping

Okay, so I am not perfect. However, I am creative! Friday turned into an impromptu babysitting day which really took most of the day. The evening was spent with hubby listening to books on tape and designing some floor cloths for upcoming craft shows. (I will let you know when I am in one.)

Saturday was spent getting to and sitting in the theater. We went to see Avatar 3D. Wow. It was definately a WOW. and I have not even had one movie this year that left me with that!! I loved it and think that anyone who has the opportunity to go see it should.

Monday I spent cleaning the house. Nothing real creative there. I am finding myself in a bit of the winter blues. The weather man said we have now had two times the amount of normal rain that we get this time of year and I think that as much as I like the rain, it is time for a little sunshine! I know it is only January and I should be thrilled that the temps are in the mid to high 50's but I am going a little stir crazy.

Tuesday it was a day spent with Chet. I do love those times and the day was fun and creative. I spent some time doing things I used to do with my grandma. However, I did discover that crayons are not nearly as cool as they used to be. I tried to do the thing where you color a rainbow solid on a piece of paper and then cover it with black and then scrape the black off into a design. The crayons dont go on like they used to and this project was not as cool as it used to be when I was a kid. Did anyone like getting a big box of 64beautiful colorful crayons as much as I did? Now I love pastels and my faves are the many many colors of sharpies you can get! Bothers me that the colors dont blend but...

Today was spent doing some creative thinking at St. Peters Lutheran Church. This was an awesome thing. The pastor and I are creating a group of people who will put together a JOB Program for unemployed and homeless in our community. This is an awesome project for me and will help get me out of this funk I seem to be in. So now I have caught you up with my week. I will post again tomorrow.

Creativity on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island