Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sawdust Burners Part Deux

Sawdust Burner

Last year I posted about the old sawdust burner on Langley Road. Since then I've happened upon two other sawdust burners, both in pretty good shape. This one is at the county museum in Centennial, Wyoming. The museum was closed, so I couldn't get close, but the patina of the cladding and the intact screen make this probably the best preserved sawdust burner I've seen. Sawdust Burner

This next burner is more utilitarian, and is surrounded by asphalt, but the screen is intact, and it is in pretty good shape. Located in an industrial area of Redding, California, there was undoubtedly a lot of timber processed in this area. Sawdust Burner

Sawdust Burner

Sawdust Burners and Whidbey Island.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen these around and wondered what they are. There's one in really good condition off of Highway 99 near Live Oak, California. Wish I had a photo to send you.

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island