Thursday, August 20, 2009

Life After Rockhoppers

This is a strange life we live sometimes. I thought maybe once the shop was closed life would slow down. My classic response for "now what are you going to do?" was "I'm going to Disneyland!" and that is true however it wont be till December. In the meantime, I am going to get my grandson swim lessons, my girlfriend is having surgery and I am going to help her out for a few days, and we are laying a new driveway, fixing our deck and still I am finding places for the 1200ft of stuff from the shop in my house. Oh and somewhere along in there I hired two musicians to come play a house concert for anyone who wants to spend Labor Day barbecuing and drinking and singing to all the visitors who are heading home after a wonderful summer on whidbey. (I will blog on that shortly!)

I just blogged on facebook about our upcoming short vacation. we are headed to Spokane this weekend with our grandson to go see Dan's family. Chet is our grandson and he is 4 years old and this will be the first overnighter with us! WEEEEEE.....I am a little nervous about this outing but I think it will be fine. To add to the excitement we may end up adopting a little dog along the way. This is still really in the initial stages of adoption and there are two of us vying for the same dog so that may not happen.

Well, I need to go get ready for the day now but just wanted to let you all know I hadn't faded off the face of the earth. The garage still isn't painted yet and I haven't set up the studio but it is getting there and well over the last couple of weeks we have enjoyed being home and hated it as well. (You know how moving is?)

Stay well, keep us on your radar and don't forget our house concert coming up on Labor Day!

Life on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island