Friday, January 2, 2009

Calling All Mystery fans

"We just wanna have fun..." About two years ago I had an idea and although I could not incorporate it at the time, it stuck in my brain. It could be because I love mysteries.. My favorite authors include: Jeffery Deaver (have read all his books except the scout mysteries and I am catching up on them.) Patterson, Kirk Mitchell, PD James, and JA Jance being some of my favorites. I also find myself really enjoying adventures and my fave by far is Janet Evanovich. I have hooked a large number of my customers on these authors especially Janet Evanovich which is fun to read and well makes me laugh histerically!

Okay, so my idea was this... let's do a mystery club! The idea is to meet once a week or once a month or any combination thereof.. we discuss new mysteries, new writers and we share ideas for our own mystery. We can do a group mystery (just an idea) in book form. Once a month or once every other month we can do a mystery dinner hosted by the mystery group and prepared by Rockhopper. We can have fun playing a variety of mystery games and well we can just have some fun. We can even do some mystery readings (open Mic style).

This is something that I think sounds like a lot of fun and I am sure there are enough mystery fans out there that we could have a great group and we could create our own fun with Rockhoppers Mystery group!

Rockhoppers will hold a meeting for this group Saturday January 10 at 10:00AM. If you are unable to make that then please give me a call. There must be at least 6 other people interested in this group for it to form. In the meantime here is a few warmup games you might enjoy.

Mystery club on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island