Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winter in the Northwest

The other day I was driving down the road. Admittedly, I had only been awake for about 15 or 20 minutes, and may not have been wide awake. The road made a sharp curve to the right and I saw in the ditch a strange object. My thoughts went: "What is that in the Ditch?? Some black thing... Not a trash bag, doesn't look like a dead animal..." As I drove closer I suddenly realized, to my chagrin, it was the shadow from the road sign!!

Just goes to show how quickly we shift our perspective to the dark and cloudy days of winter! It was a bright sunny day, not the usual dark, overcast sky of the past week or so. I laughed all the way into town!

As we head into the darkest days of Winter, remember to keep a smile on your face. It may brighten up someone's dreary day!

Winter on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island