Friday, October 24, 2008

Back to school

No, I'm not really that far behind the times, well on second thought, perhaps I am. Once I considered joining a club for procrastinators, but never quite got around to it. (no lie!)

books

After 20+ years I have decided it's time to get my Bachelor's degree, and I have enrolled at a university and my first class. In the past few weeks, I have really had to re-cage my brain, and re-orient my thinking towards schoolwork. It's one thing to take an occasional class in printing on fabrics, or making felt. It's not that those classes haven't been hard work in their own right, but a senior level university class is a whole 'nother ball game! I have written assignments due every fourth day, and chapters of reading, and research to support the papers I'm writing. (So that's why I haven't been posting much!)

computer

So far it has been a good experience, and of course, I am learning a lot. If I stay the course, I should have a B.A. in about a year and a half. If I go completely crazy, I could take two classes at a time, and I could finish even faster! But, for now I'm only planning on one at a time. I'm not sure my budget could handle paying for two classes at a time anyway, and I'm fairly sure my sanity couldn't.

Back to school on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island