Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day

I was driving home from town this afternoon and came up with a new definition for wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice. It's the fool who drives a huge gas-hog SUV that belches blue smoke (the SUV, not the driver!). GMC Clearly, someone who can afford to drive the SUV in the first place must be wealthy. In addition, to drive one whose engine is so clearly out of tune and/or failing that it belches out the poorly combusted gas along with the oil, must truly be in the top half of one percent of the most wealthy in this world. Either that or they are the most complete idiots traversing the face of this earth.

truck belching smoke

Okay, now I've got that off my chest, as well as most of the blue smoke out of my lungs, I'll let you get back to celebrating this Memorial Day weekend.Military Color Guard My thanks go out to all those who gave their lives in defense of this country, my blessing to those family members left behind to cope without them. And my additional thanks to those who currently serve in our armed forces.

Memorial day on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island