Monday, January 28, 2008

I wish that I was not there to see "I'm not there"....

I think the title says it all. Cate Blanchett was wonderful in her role as a male singer but honestly.. who in there right mind would have paid any attention (and I do mean ANY attention) to someone who talked the way Bob Dylon was portrayed to have spoken in this movie. He made no sense when he spoke and what he had to say was frequently rude and self obsessed and ignorant.

This movie was a jumbled exposition of times in Bob Dylon's life as portrayed by other stars. My question is what times? And was this guy so drugged up through out his life that this movie is accurate. If so..... then why would ANYONE want to listen to him much less have anything to do with him in any kind of a relationship.. I have a problem believing that anyone warrants as much attention as Dylon did if his life is anything like his lives in this movie. But we can all be grateful that this is simply a movie and I can be grateful for the music without having to sit through the movie again.

The sad thing was.. I love Dylon's music but this movie didnt have enough of his music in it to even make the movie semi enjoyable. This is a "Why bother" both for the movie and for the future video.

Why Bother?

At least we are somewhat sane on Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island