Saturday, January 5, 2008

Charlie Wilson's War -a Female perspective

So we go to see Charlie Wilson's War. What can I say? I loved the movie. I thought it was intelligent, and well done. The acting was terrific and well I really enjoyed the movie.. It made me want to know more so I went to you tube (of course) and low and behold guess what I found... a documentary done on Charlie Wilson. Now keep in mind this is not the Charlie Wilson who is currently on the Senate in Ohio. Charlie Wilson was from Texas and well his bio was interesting.

The Lufkin Daily News has a blog and several links to Charlie Wilson videos etc. I also found a wonderful bio from wikipedia on Charlie Wilson.

I love shows about real people. I love to find out the real works since so many times the people who are reviewed are glorified or the facts are altered or whatever. One of the characters discussed in the movie was a woman millionairess from Texas. She was the woman who got Charles Wilson involved in Afghanistan in the first place. Her name was Joanne King Herring. She is possibly even more interesting than Charlie Wilson.

Single Shot

Charlie Wilson's liberals all moved to the South end of Whidbey Island.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island