Monday, December 3, 2007

It's Getting to be Christmas Time

Last night Dan and I got to go see my girlfriend perform with the Whidbey Community Chorus. What fun!! The music is always eventful with this group. There are usually some songs that are old faves done differently and some I have never heard before but they are always fun to hear! Last night they did an incredible job and I have to send out a hearty "WELL DONE" to them. If you missed them last night at Trinity you can catch them next weekend up north in Coupeville and Oak Harbor. I believe they play on Saturday at 2:00 at the Oak Harbor Lutheran Church and next Sunday at the Oak Harbor Methodist Church.

Usually this group has other chorus groups that will participate in the show and one of those groups is the children's choir. This is always so much fun to watch and it brings back wonderful snippets of holidays when I was a child. At Spangle, our Christmas season always had a Christmas concert. I can still remember all of us dressed in our best and massacring "We Three Kings". I did like the way we sounded singing "Little Drummer Boy" especially when we managed to get an 8th grader to play the drums!! he was awfully cute.

Anyway, I have so many memories of the concerts.I kinda thought you might enjoy reliving some of those memories of your own Christmas concerts.

Of course we were MUCH BETTER than these two groups of kids.... Yeah right!!

Getting ready for Christmas on Whidbey Island

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island