Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Milking a Moose

Here is something I never, ever, in my wildest dreams, thought of. Milking moose.

The first time I went to Alaska, I stayed at the downtown Anchorage Holiday Inn. That first morning, I was delayed by hotel staff, who wouldn't let us into the parking lot -- a moose was walking around outside. Downtown Anchorage!

The next time I went to Anchorage, I stayed in a friends bed & breakfast. That first morning, I found a note outside my door: "Dan, look in the back yard. There's a moose!" So, I open the back door, and THERE's the moose -- 3 feet from the back door! Very scary. I quickly closed the door, and looked through the window. The moose just kept on trimming the hedges.

Moose are very dangerous, I'm surprised that people are domesticating them.

Text about Whidbey Island goes here.

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island