Sunday, September 30, 2007

Are you ready for Fall? We aren't!!!

So it has been a few days since I blogged. I apologize but that is one of the best things about having a husband who can fill in when I get overwhelmed with other things. So this post is one about what I have been filling my days with.

First of all I have a lamp that I really love but I hate the way the shade turned out. It is a neat concept I just am not thrilled with my application. After several months I have decided to replace it with a woven shade and am currently working on the shade for it. Here are pics of the lamp with its old shade.

Here is a pic of the new lamp shade. As you can see it is a work in progress. I should have the woven part done next week (I hope!) and then be able to work on the beading for it. The second picture you can see what the weaving looks like. While it is tedious it is not difficult at all.

I have also been working on the two wing back chairs. Here is a pic of what they look like.

If you happened upon our blog last Wednesday you would have caught me teaching how to paint furniture. This was a trial run for me and was not recorded. However, I did work on these chairs (well one of them) and you would have seen me painting them. I love doing this and wanted to really get working on it so I set about trying to show how I achieve what I do. I will have scheduled classes on our blog and hope that we will get viewers for this event. Look for postings for these classes to occur. Currently we will be doing a webcast of all my altered arts classes that I will be doing in conjunction with South Whidbey Parks and Rec. These classes are scheduled on Saturdays at 10:00AM and again on Sunday at 1:00PM. Most of these classes will be webcast and recorded so if you miss the webcast and cannot get to Rockhoppers for the real thing you can catch a recorded version. Anyway, here is a picture of one of the chairs and what I am doing to it. It is still early in the process but .... I love the colors but will actually be making them much lighter by putting a white wash over them. The square that is not painted on the back will be irises. For now here is the work in progress.

Art is here at Rockhoppers on Whidbey Island

No comments:

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island