Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's Good to hear from Old Friends

I just got an e-mail from a friend from way back. He used to babysit our kids and for a short period of time lived with us. We havent seen Chuck in about 16 years. Dan and I had tried to find him from time to time but with the name Chuck Elliott, I might as well have tried to find John Smith, somewhere USA maybe.... Anyway, it was so good to hear from him and it just made me smile to think of him.

Well it has been a busy week at Rockhoppers. Last night was our Clinton Days meeting and it was semi-productive. We had a few chess and go people on Monday, and I talked to Roy on Monday and he is doing well for having just had open heart surgery. We have been getting a lot of visitors on the island and that is always a good thing and the weather has been gorgeous! Summer has begun.

I finally broke down and hired someone to do my gardening and housekeeping. When you are not home much it is difficult to get these chores done and I am tired of being embarassed by my house! I am also working on a new project. It is a floor lamp and as you can see it is somewhat ugly. The problem with it is is that it is only about 4 feet tall and when the shade and light are on it is not tall enough to provide light to read by and not short enough to put on a table. So I am going to make it taller. You will see.....

For those of you that love my house lamp, I am getting ready to make an ERTE lamp. You will see when it is done what I mean but it is similar (sorta) to my house lamp.

Well, I need to go. I will be blogging again later today I expect. Or Dan may get on the blog. We'll see. Have a great hump day.

Old friends here on Whidbey Island.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Guys! It's wonderful that we were able to hook back up (thanks to Schlangen being more unique than Elliott...LOL)!

Take care and drop a line when you get a chance...

Chuck

Video, Live Cams, Stories, Art, and much, much more from Whidbey Island